Airborne agents that we know as pathogens or allergens are the main causes of allergy. Pollen, grass, mold, cedar, or other chemicals are instances of allergens that are the prime causes of allergy.
Causes of Allergy | Symptoms
As soon as these pathogens enter into our bodies, these weaken the immune system. Therefore, the immune System attacks the pathogens releasing antibodies on them.
When both of these come into contact with each other, then a chemical is released called Histamine. It is one of the primary causes of allergy.
Causes of Allergy:
- Airborne allergens, or known as pathogens, are the main causes of allergy. Pathogens like pollen, animal dander, dust mites, and mold can cause allergies in the human body.
- A few foods can also be a cause of allergy. Peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, eggs, and milk are foods that may cause allergic reactions.
- If any harmful insect bites anyone, then the upas can cause allergies. The bee or wasp is such insects.
- Skin allergies can be seen when we touch any latex or other substances. The latex can cause allergic reactions in your body.
After elaborating on the causes of allergy, we are going to discuss the symptoms of it.
Symptoms of Allergy
Drugs, foods, latex many are there that are the causes of allergy. Here, we have given the symptoms of different types of allergy.
- Drug allergy: When someone has a drug allergy, they can have hives, rash, and fever.
- Food allergies: Digestive problems, hives, or swollen airways are the symptoms of food allergies. Sometimes, it can be life-threatening.
- Contact dermatitis: The primary symptom of this allergy is a red rash.
- Latex allergy: If you have a latex allergy, then you can face minor skin irritation.
- Allergic asthma: Most of the allergies mainly affect the lungs that further cause wheezing and difficulties while breathing.
- Allergic rhinitis: Sneezing, runny nose and red, watery and itchy eyes— these are the symptoms of this allergy.
- Animal allergy: If you have an animal allergy, then the symptoms that can be seen are sneezing and a runny nose. People having asthma can face difficulties in breathing.
- Anaphylaxis: The symptoms of this allergy is a skin rash, nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, and shock.
- Allergy to mold: Cough, itchy, watery eyes, and hives are the symptoms seen for mold allergy.
Types of Allergy
Respiratory allergies, food allergies, and skin allergies— these are the three types of allergies. Let’s have a look at those types.
- Spring Allergies: Usually, it cannot be cured. But what you can do is to take the help of medication and household habits.
- Summer Allergies: Pollen that is seen in grasses and weeds can cause especially this type of allergy.
- Winter Allergies: Many people get allergic reactions while coming in touch with mold and dust. They face these symptoms when they spend most of their time outside.
- Milk Allergy: A few have allergies due to having milk. Wheezing, vomiting, and hives are the symptoms of it.
- Casein Allergy: Whether you have swollen lips, hives, or other symptoms, then you can make sure that you have got casein allergy.
- Egg Allergy: It is the most common allergy that usually children have. Compared to adults, kids have got this most.
- Contact Dermatitis: When you come into contact with any harmful thing, your immune system attacks it quickly. These pathogens cause a red, itchy rash. It is a very common cause of allergies.
- Hives and Angioedema: This type of allergies cause swollen, pale red bumps, patches, or welts on the skin.
- Cosmetic Allergies: Many beauty products are available in the market due to which we can see skin irritation or allergic reactions. When the ingredients of cosmetics act as allergens, it can cause cosmetic allergies.
Treatment for Allergy by Naturally or Medicine
If you have any type of allergies from food or dust, germ, then you should go for treatment as soon as possible. You can do the treatment naturally or using medicines.
- Manage stress: Mental stress is one of the major causes of allergy as it can increase the seasonal allergies. To get rid of this, you should do meditation, and take care of yourself.
- Herbal Supplements: You can take supplements as a capsule, drops, or tea. Green tea is beneficial in this case. Taking two cups a day for two weeks can assist you in avoiding congestion.
- Detox the body: When our liver will metabolize alcohol, various types of foods at a time, it can cause allergies. By removing fried foods, sugar, alcohol, and other unnecessary items from the food chart, you can easily detox your body.
- Dietary Changes: We have already been told that foods can become the causes of allergy. Sometimes, you can see your nose running after eating a plate of hot wings. It is a kind of allergy also. You can consult with a doctor to know how to get rid of these kinds of allergies.
Medicine or Other Products
- Antihistamines: It is used when someone has a rash, hives, and itching.
- Bronchodilators: This medicine helps to reduce asthma-like symptoms like wheezing or coughing. Albuterol is an example of it.
- Corticosteroids: It is used for skin allergy. People who have skin allergies can take it either by mouth or through a vein.
- Epinephrine: For treating anaphylaxis, people use it mainly. They take it through injection.